Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well today.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Jenna from The Sunshine Artist, and I want to thank her for this great honor. Jenna is an artist and a blogger, a true ray of sunshine, whose writing brings joyful moments to everyone who is part of the blogging community. I highly recommend her blog, as it is guaranteed to brighten your day.
THE OFFICIAL RULES: LIEBSTER AWARD
If you are nominated for The Liebster Award and you accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or “gadget.”
- Answer all 11 Questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1,000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List the rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you have to inform the blogs that you nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
1) Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always been a writer at heart, and that is what inspired me to start blogging. It’s a great way to share your thoughts, the hidden crazy ideas in your head, and then discover that there are other weirdos out there in this world who think just like you do.
Blogging also makes me feel like I’m moving forward in life. Even on those days when I feel like I’ve accomplished nothing, I can always come back to my blog and just look at it be happy that I’ve done something that someone other than myself can find and appreciate. It’s always there, even when I’m not.
2) What are 3 small things that make your day brighter and why?
The morning coffee, obviously.
I just like other people, but it has something to do with the next point I’m going to make.
I’m grateful of the fact that I’m here today, and that I’ve found my true calling in life. I’ve discovered that I just like learning more about myself and other people, and then talking about those discoveries. It makes me appreciate life and people in general, and there really is nothing better than that.
3) What’s your favorite genre of books or movies and why?
Non-fiction is my favorite genre, but I don’t think really counts. If it can’t be that, then I really like psychological thrillers. I just love to look at the characters on the screen and try to guess what they’ll do next, and more important, what they are thinking at any given moment in the film.
4) What would your ideal weekend look like?
As a freelancer, it has become more and more difficult to distinguish weekdays from the weekends. I don’t mind it.
But let’s assume we mean a weekend where I get to spend leisure time. In that case, I hope to spend time together with someone truly inspiring, like Steven Pinker for example, and just listen to them talk.
What? The question was ‘ideal’ weekend! What could be better than that?!
5) What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever been and why?
It’s a tough question. I think any place can be interesting as long as the person is interested in finding interesting things in their surroundings. Interesting isn’t it?
Once again, I don’t want to give just another cop-out answer. I’ll just say that being in the nature without a cellphone or a computer nearby is always rather inspiring, and of course interesting. Pay attention to the sounds, the colors and scent, and you’ll soon find yourself spellbound.
6) What kind of art do you enjoy most and why?
Literature is my favorite kind of art, but I assume I’m being asked about visual art. In which case I’ll say that I just love a good painting whenever I see one.
7) What movie or book title best describes your life?
Fight club. Nah, just kidding!
The book called Failing Forward would be a pretty good allegory for my life. I may not always be successful at what I do, but I’m moving forward, and that is what matters in the end.
8) What’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t done yet?
Writing and publishing a book. This is my greatest dream. I’ve actually already written a book, but decided not to publish it. I will have to revisit the idea of the book, rewrite it, and then publish it. We’ll see when I have the time to do that.
9) What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received and why?
Hmm… another tricky one.
I remember this one time when I was in elementary school, and I was talking to the principal at my school about a snowball that got stuck on one of the tree branches, a couple of meters from the ground. It was problematic as it caused damage to the tree. Because of this, the principal ordered the kids to throw snowballs to break the snowball that got stuck.
We talked for a while and watched other kids try and break the snowball without results. The discussion died down, and I decided to give the snowball breaking game a try. I took some snow in my hands, rolled exactly one ball, threw it, and broke the snowball that had been stuck on the tree branch.
I turned back to look at the principal and there he was, standing with his mouth wide open, just looking at me.
Later on that week in class he warned the kids about throwing snowballs, because there might be rocks in them. While he was explaining the dangers of rocky snowballs, he also uttered this line: “It’s especially dangerous, because some of you are awfully precise with your throwing arm.” while looking at me with a smirk.
That moment stuck with me to this day.
10) If you were to write a book what would it be about?
I have many book ideas, but by reading my blog you can get an idea of what the book that I already wrote is about. Self-help, discovering yourself and how to be successful.
I actually have more fiction book ideas than non-fiction ones, but I should finish what I’ve started first. It only makes sense.
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you were a superhero, what would be your power?
- Can you perform a magic trick?
- What are you exceptionally good at?
- What is your favorite dish?
- How do you avoid getting into trouble?
- Would you try extreme sports?
- What are your 3 favorite books?
- What do you think we take for granted these days?
- You are now the wealthiest person in the world. What do you do first?
Thank you to Jenna once again for this nomination. I had fun!